Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about legals

Options
  • 22-03-2023 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I'll try and shorten the wind on this as much as I can.

I'm currently trying to sell an apartment

I realised when it went sale agreed that as my management company had taken ALMOST 2 YEARS to send the requested documents to my solicitor at the time of conveyancing that the property registration had never been completed as it timed out.

So; through my solicitor we applied to reopen the registration (apologies if my terminology is incorrect but this is how I understand it) and I was given a dealing number. A sale can be processed and closed with a dealing number but my buyers solicitor insisted on waiting for the PRA to complete the registration. This put me under a lot of pressure paying a mortgage on an empty property and waiting over a year for the PRA to look at my query

My solicitor sent letters asking the PRA to expedite but as the pending sale was at the discretion of the buyers solicitor and technically the sale could be closed the PRA did not warrant this as a valid reason to expedite. So we waited - meanwhile, my estate agent was useless and only encouraged me to wait and put pressure on my solicitor and the PRA as I get the vibe the buyer is difficult.

In recent weeks things have started to move and I have been working with my original solicitor (not the solicitor representing me now) in trying to get this all sorted ASAP. While chatting to the solicitor this morning she mentioned that the buyers solicitor had been on to them all the time looking for updates since the PRA had started to action this. So these updates would be that I had to bring a letter to my bank as my mortgage had moved etc. etc. TBH I feel a bit violated by this as this is the solicitor who has made me sit on this for a year

Just wondering if this is totally normal and acceptable and I need to get over myself, or can I request that she stays in her own lane.

Tks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

What are you complaining about? You want things to happen and they are happening.

Advertisement