Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need planning permission for a screened veranda

Options
  • 22-03-2023 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Planning to build a veranda surrounded in glass (frameless sliding glass panels, not 100% waterproof) at the back of my property. One of the sides is adjacent to the fence between me and my neighbor. Constructor told me no planning permission necessary, but I just saw that a window cannot be within 1 meter of the boundary between neighbors if facing towards them. Would sliding panels be considered windows? As it is not waterproof, is it considered a conservatory? Do I need planning permission?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

I forgot to add that there’s a 1.90m high wooden fence between the houses so we cannot really look into the neighbors garden.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have you any other extensions?

The cumulative area including this new structure must be less than 40 Sq. M.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

No other extensions. Enough garden left after and the veranda is about 20sqm

Advertisement