Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamin D3

Options
  • 23-03-2023 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Doctor told me me a while ago from blood test results I am lacking vitamin D3 in my liver and just gave me some tablets to take never said anymore. I was just wondering is that bad like or is it nothing to worry about ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Yes very bad. d3 is very important. If you take as supplement, take with k2.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭STEE

How bad ? I heard Vitamin D deficiency has been frequently reported in many causes of chronic liver disease and has been associated with the development and evolution of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and chronic hepatitis C (CHC) virus infection. Could this be the start of me getting a liver disease ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I take 10000 iu a day all year round.

The main reason for non alcoholic fatty liver is high carb/fructose diet. Malnutrition in general, cause a variety of problems. Most overweight people have non alcoholic fatty liver, regardless what level of D3 in the blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dubliner10

Very common in Ireland due to lack of sunlight all year around. I take 1000 IU tablet every day. Safe for most people unless you have underlying health issues, in which case check with a doctor before you supplement. Also get your blood tests after 3-6 months and hopefully it should be back to normal.

• Advertisement

High dosage of D3 should be taken with K2 otherwise you are harming yourself and could have some serious issues long term. For better absorption D3/K2 should be taken with fatty food. Good supplement companies usually add some fat e.g. triglycerides

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Over 20000 iu would cause problems with calcium deposits. 10000 is fine.

It's very important to drink plenty of fluids

Can't take vit k as I'm on anticoagulants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You are way way over stressing about this, even alcoholics can get their liver back to normal with a healthy diet.

Whatever you are deficient in find out which veg are high in that vitamins and include them in your diet. It's way better to get them that way than take supplements and it will help you to focus on a healthier diet.

Advertisement