Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roz McCutcheon RIP

Options
  • 23-03-2023 8:31am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I learned late yesterday evening of the sad passing of Roz McCutcheon, one of Ireland's foremost genealogists.

I didn't know her personally but did get to chat with her at one of the genealogy shows at the RDS a few years ago and a wonderful chat it was which could have gone on for hours if time had allowed.

She was a vice-president of the IGRS and had a particular interest in the Registry of Deeds.

A must-watch available on YouTube is a talk she gave on the Registry which is as entertaining as it is informative.

My thoughts are with her family and friends at this time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Thanks Hermy, That's sad news. I met her a few times at IGRS events, a most interesting lady. She did huge work on the Reg. of Deeds project. A big loss to the Geno community.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Thanks for posting this Hermy. I wasn't sure if people would know her here. She was a friend of mine, although living in different countries, I hadn't seen her in a few years in person. I got to know her through our work in the IGRS. She was a titan of the community and her loss will be immense, especially to the IGRS, where she produced the bi-annual newsletter, managed updates to the early BMD projects and of course was also a very significant contributor to the RoD index project.

It was quite a shock to get the news yesterday, on what would have been her birthday.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

What a loss - I was aware of Roz's work on the Registry of Deeds indexing project & was in awe of her prodigious contribution. A sad loss to the genealogical community and to her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lbud

This is a sad loss. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I was in a play with Roz once in London in the early 2000's. I just looked her up to see what she has been up to and was very sad to hear that she had passed away. May she rest in peace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement