Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre, slow with banking apps

Options
  • 23-03-2023 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Hopefully just a temporary glitch but aib and ptsb apps unusable for us today. Every other site is fine.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Change your DNS on the router to something like cloud flare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

ah, fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭borygo77

Hi guys! Not related to slow speed but something strange is happening here with my new eir line :/

Had virgin for years but switched recently and can’t get connection to my own server hosted from internal network.

It works ok if I connect using any other ip that my own.. What’s going on here ? Can’t even ping my own ip ;/ anybody?

Hi folks, I saw elsewhere, on reddit that eir are having ipv6 routing issues.

disabling ipv6 on the router solved this problem instantly for me

• Advertisement

if your router interface looks like this then you go to Internet connectivity, show sections, then ipv6, then disable and apply. I had to restart modem before the change seemed to take effect

• Registered Users Posts: 7 KubaKLucan

I was wondering why everything's been slow lately. All IPV6 packets drop for me but they still give me an address. Can't believe with the size of Eir they just casually break down ipv6 completely and not say anything.

yeah, its a bit disappointing to say the least. considering how arrogant they are now that they've "fixed" their customer service..

Advertisement