Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I go on JSB before Redundancy Period ends

Options
  • 23-03-2023 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've been made redundant and will be looking to go on JSB.

The company is insolvent and as such does not have money to pay me, I am also owed back pay and outstanding holiday pay from the company.

As I understand I will get statutory redundancy from the government redundancy payment scheme.

I am also owed backpay, as I understand there is an insolvency payment scheme which will pay a certain amount towards that, however the limit is 4800, I am owed over that amount in backpay alone.

I was given notice of 4 weeks for redundancy, under normal circumstances that period is to help protect the employee as they are still due to get paid for that period however given the company is insolvent I won't get any pay for that period, as such it would be better for me to be able to go on JSB from the day I was given notice rather than 4 weeks later. The 4800 limit is already used up in backpay so I get nothing for working out my redundancy, I'm not working anyway but does that mean I can't start claiming JSB until my redundancy period is over.

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Your nearest social welfare office is the place to get your question answered! Those folks know best!

Advertisement