Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number being spoofed

Options
  • 23-03-2023 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello. I've been receiving calls all day from people telling me they have a missed call from me. I've been onto Virgin and they have no record of the outgoing calls so I'm guessing someone is spoofing my number and cold calling people as part of a scam.

Has this happened anyone before? Did it stop eventually? I'm worried the more it happens the more likely my number will be added to a scammer list and a lot of phones may auto block my calls. Virgin said there was nothing they could do and I might just have to change phone numbers which would be a real pain.

Is it pure coincidence my number is being used here or has someone along the way got access to a list of active phone numbers to use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Why would people be bothered calling you back if it's a number they don't recognise? Are they in your contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

They aren't in my contacts.

I don't know why they opt to call back. They just say they have a missed call from me and are calling me back. Not that unusual to call back a number you have a missed call from?

Advertisement