Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 ton meal silo

Options
  • 23-03-2023 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Looking to put in a five ton meal silo this year though Tams and also putting in a feeding system for the milking parlour. Any one have a price range I could be looking at for the meal silo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Min delivery of ration is at least 4 ton around here. And will probably go up to 5. What ever you do get the bin 2-3 ton bigger than you need. The cost won't be 2 big but gives options for ration over nuts. Remember ration is bulkier than nuts and needed more space.

On the price front sorry I'm no help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭dmakc

Could be 4k for silo + 7k for feeding system

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

5 tons is probably plenty. You need to empty it in 6 weeks at most. Most suppliers around here will go to as low as three tons.

Usually the TAM price is fairly on the ball. Remember it's plus vat as you claim the vat back.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭kk.man

Also to be aware that a 5 ton may hold nuts but only 4 ton of ration...well that's what my one does anyway. Merchant here delivered 4 ton minimum. Anything bigger is a really tall yoke imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Price around, crowleys, spirofeed, more up the country as well. Last bins I got wasn't much between the small bins and a 12 tonne but no grants then. If there isn't much in price get the bigger one, don't have to fill it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bangoverthebar

I bought a 3 ton Rob Lew bin last year. 2,850. Nice bin, handy size for me.

It holds just over 5 ton meal. I have never had ration in it. I buy 3 ton at a time.

Augers cost 2.5k from P.E Services, i already had orby pnuematic feeders in.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

I was talking to v Mac and milstreet show two years ago and he was giving me 8 tonne for same price as 5 tonne, said u have no waisted steel in 8 tonne

Advertisement