Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission - Driveway

Options
  • 23-03-2023 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, just looking for some help. I 'm looking to get a driveway added to my garden in North Dublin City (Marino). Most of the houses on the road already have this so hoping it wont be too much hassle. I planning on doing the drawing myself as I'm fairly comfortable with CAD but just wanted to check what size prints you actually submit to DCC? Or are these uploaded to the web portal?

Thanks!

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,041 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A thing from A1 to A3 or A4 would be acceptable providing they are drawn to scale.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Maximum scale for general drawings is 1:200. 1:50 or 1:100 would be normal.

As for paper size, as Muffler says, anything from A4 to A0!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tar_mac

Great Stuff thanks for the help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

By the way, they can be uploaded online but still need to be scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 user52questionnaire

Do you need planning permission to tarmac a driveway? I thought it was only required for dishing the kerb.

also any idea how long it will take once you’ve submitted drawings ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You need permission to create the entrance in the boundary wall.

Council will dish the path in DCC.

Standard planning. 3 months for final grant all going well.

Mod Note: @user52questionnaire You have asked similar questions in 3 threads! Please stick to 1 thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement