Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Re-Building Rates for Insurance Purposes

• 24-03-2023 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have been looking at the Chartered Surveyors SCSI website for average rebuild rates. I understand the rates are for estate type homes built since the 1960’s, but I am just looking to just get an indication of a rebuild price for insurance purposes.

House is detached cottage, 3 bedroom. approx. 93 sq metres in total. Located in midlands. Would you take nearest region as Dublin? Or Limerick? (as approx. halfway between the two regions).  The rate for a detached bungalow at €2445 per square metre (Dublin rate) or €2087 Limerick rate.

Cottages are not included amongst the type of homes on the guide, so I could go with the nearest type which is a bungalow. Or would anyone suggest a further percentage to add for a non estate house, non standard type home as the property is actually a cottage. Link below for SCSI guide to rebuild rates:-

SCSI House Rebuild Calculator - Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland

I know the recommendation is to get professional advice, but if anyone can offer any advice or insight at this stage as I would be grateful as I am just looking to get an indication. 

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement