Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband provider

• 24-03-2023 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Thinking of changing from Eir to Sky

paying Eir 54e a month house phone never used contract up shortly

paying Sky 40e a month

Any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,195 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry but are you currently paying Sky €40 a month for TV or is that the price of the BB you intend signing up to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Im paying 40 e a month to sky for tv only

around 57 a month to eir for broadband

So i see now that sky has an offer for broadband and tv for around 38e

Im wondering does any one use sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,195 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The €38 offer is for "BB and Sky Q" but doesnt include a Sky subscription. I think you get the Q box and thats about it. In any event thats for new customers only just like their standard BB which is €35 a month. I have a family member who was/is a Sky subscriber and he recently left Eir and got the BB with Sky for €33 monthly on top of his TV sub. But he had to do a bit of haggling for that.

Vodafone BB is available for €35 a month for new customers. Ive been with them for about 4 years and apart from one recent issue I have found them to be OK. I did see on their web site that their prices are to increase in April "by the rate of inflation plus 3%" which I think is something along the lines of what Eir is doing. Vodafone, Sky and Pure Telecom together with a couple of other small companies all use Eir's lines so you shouldnt really see any great difference in speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Was talking to Sky in shopping center today

they are giving me the sky package i have plus broadband for 50e a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

What have you in your Sky package today and what BB speed? In negotiations at the moment

• Advertisement
Advertisement