Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United thread

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,099 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Cracking result after a really good start to the season. You can't fault these lads and it's great to see fantastic servants like Walshy, Nugent and Chief getting their moments.

Be interesting to see if Wass and Costello stick around. Another striker is badly needed to take some of the pressure off Walshy. Hope Kazeem sticks around too but I heard there's interest from England.

Costello is gone and Kazeem seems to be going back to the UK too, he stayed out after the rest of the players last night so you can assume it was a goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

Hopefully a few signings lined up in the next transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ratracer

Kazeem and Esua have been great additions to the first 11, and will be hard enough to replace if they return to parent clubs. We definitely need a striker. I thought Buckley did well last night in midfield, it was a little different to Borden just walloping everything up the field.
    What’s the story with Manning and Horgan? Are they out long term or near return?
    I think we’re flying higher than expected at the halfway point, win that game in hand and we’d be third and packing the passports 😀😀, but if we manage to avoid the playoffs and have a decent cup run it’ll be a good season.
    Two tough games in the return from the break though, away to Shels and then home to Pats.

• Advertisement

Esua isn't on loan, he's ours for the year. Horgan and Donelon back after the break according to JC. Manning is part of the training setup but would need to prove fitness before he'd be signed. Kazeem is likely gone so there's a lb on the way to replace him, as far as I know. We'll sign at least one other then and we'll see if anyone goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I completely forgot about Horgan for my sins, such is the job Esua has done so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭spurshero

there was rumours of Greg Cunningham signing from July 1 a few weeks ago but not sure if much truth in them .

Nonsense I'd say.

Tom Costello has left the club. I don’t remember seeing him on the pitch at all this season. Was he injured throughout his loan spell or did he just fall out with management?
    It was a weird move, I was happy to see us sign a striker but he never got a look in.
    Just hope we sign a striker in this window for the rest of the season. When we play football it’s been good, but reverting back to hoof ball is not so pretty to watch.

• Advertisement

He came against Pats in the opener for about 10 minutes and possibly for 5 mins in an away game. Just wasn't good enough really. They only signed him as a 4th choice option so it's no surprise he left.

As for style of football, you can't really argue with it as we are 5th games in hand. We're not a nice team to play against and you can't play open football against the likes of Waterford, Shels, Rovers etc as they'll just cut through you. In home games against teams at our level or currently below us we should have a plan b but I'm okay with it for now.

Rumour has it that we've between 2 and 4 players signed who'll be available after the break. We'll need a lb with Kazeem going. I'd like a wide player which would free Dervin up for a central role. A proper striker to compete with Walshy who is easily our first choice.

Yeah, I was away for that Pats game.
    You’re right, the style ain’t always pretty, but it’s been very effective.

Slevin and Clarke deserved their spots on the LoI team of the season so far.
    good to see a few new additions, I’d heard the there was a possibility of Kazeem coming back if the clubs agree, I’d like to see that happen.

Post edited by ben.schlomo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭I see sheep

What's the story with the Linfield friendly?

Wassim has been allowed to leave and has gone to Glentoran. We e also signed lb/cm Bobby Burns from them. Heavily linked with ex Derry (and others) striker Junior too.

Advertisement