Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are my old BM's worth? Any 6er Gran Coupe issues to note?

• 25-03-2023 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭

I've had my head turned by a new car (6 series Gran Coupe) and can't shake the want. I don't do a whole pile of mileage, maybe 7,000km per year, and currently drive an E92 325i MSport Coupe. It's 2008, in very good condition, has the cheaper tax (3.0 6cylinder petrol for about €600 p/y), just ticked over 160k km, full leather & auto and is well maintained.

I also have an 2002 E46 318ci MSport Coupe that has been parked up indoors and under covers for a few years. Also in very good condition, blue, factory MSport, Alcantara interior and approx 135k miles.

I had intended packing up the 325i alongside the E46 but as time moves on I'm starting to realise I'm unlikely to do much with them into the future. This realisation hit me when my partner's dad offered me a waterlogged 628CSi that rusted to basically nothing in his back garden due to it always being on the long finger!

So, what are they worth these days and am I making a mistake in flogging them to fund a (probably small) portion of the bigger car?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭mk7r

Neither is ever likely to be worth a fortune due to the engines fitted to them but id say the e92 is the one to hold onto value wise. Only problem is the e46 is not worth much really at the moment so it might be worth more to you to hold onto it.

I'd be interested in the E46 could you put up some pictures or PM me please?

Thanks.

Advertisement