Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir 5g on Samsung Galaxy A71 not working

• 25-03-2023 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

I have my galaxy A71 a couple of years and use mostly wifi but will be without broadband for a while and wanted to make sure I have 5g on my mobile. Went into an Eir shop and they gave me a new SIM but when I go into chose network, I'm only being offered lte/3g/2g (auto connect). I do get 4g mostly even though it's not on the list. The guy in the shop seemed to think I should have a 4g/5g option displaying and said the issue was likely with the phone. Can anyone offer any advice please? I am in an area that should be covered by 5g according to the eir map. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭GIMP

The A71 is not a 5g enabled phone, 4g only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Thanks, google said otherwise but I was wondering whether it was referring to a newer model.

Advertisement