Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving images from Google Chrome

• 25-03-2023 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

How come images sometimes save like in the second image instead of as in first image?

The former way causes it to open within the web browser. I've never remembered this happening until a few years ago. It can get quite annoying, as to get around it, you have to screen shoot the image and use paint cut it out and then save it normally from there.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 yufettodes

Hello Brid.

A .webp is a proprietary image format from Google.

It will be made deprecated and obsolete in the near future, according to Google.

If you open any image (e.g. .webp, .tiff, .gif, .png, .jpeg, etc) in any Web browser, you can then right-click the image and save it to any folder or to the desktop on Windows 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 yufettodes

Basically, a .webp can be viewed in Web browsers only, but not at all in Microsoft Paint or Windows Photo Viewer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,422 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There are online converters that will turn them into jpegs or I mostly use the Snipping tool if I am not fussed about quality too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Not just browser, some applications still can open .webp. VLC player can.

Advertisement