Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to setup eir F1000 after factory reset?

Options
  • 25-03-2023 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Having problems with this modem and i did a "factory reset". when i plug the thing and the DLS syncs to green the internet light stays red. Now i searched for ages for a guide as how to restore the settings for i as when i reset it,the modem just sits with the red light on.

The settings for eir broadband are;

Username: eircom

Password: broadband1

Encapsulation: PPPoE

Multiplexing: LLC Based

Authentication: Chap

WAN IP Type: Dynamic

VPI: 8

VCI: 35

So the question im asking where do i re-enter these settings.

Im guessing its under "Network Settings->Broadband". But there are two items on this page;

VDSL and ETHWAN Which one do i configure? Is it VDSL?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I would upgrade that modem it is over 10yrs old at this stage, ring customer care and tell them its not working they will hopefully send you the latest F3000 model.

Advertisement