Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying and sending cryptocurrency

• 26-03-2023 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

As per the title of this thread, I wish to buy some cryptocurrency for example, Bitcoin or Ethereum so I can pay for something. Sorry if this doesn't fit with the forum, I have no idea where to post this question.

This is the first time I have ever wanted to purchase and send cryptocurrency. What is the best and fastest way too purchase and send? Keep in mind I'm not looking to invest just quickly buy some and send it on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Never done it myself, but I know you can use Revolut for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,970 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You probably know, but just in case, be aware that it is a non-reversible anonymous transaction. Which is why scammers might ask for payment in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

Pretty much all the crypto's listed on Revolut are trash and fully traceable.

Monero (XMR) is the only true privacy crypto currency, and is actively used for buying and selling things in the real world, unlike all of the others bar Bitcoin and maybe Ethereum.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Just signed up to Coinbase although I'm still waiting on them to verify my address and identity. I know crypto such a bitcoin can be traced back to me however, I think the effort that authorities would have to go to to do this would not be worth it in terms of cost to enforce copyright infringement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

With services like Chainalysis, tracing transactions can be pretty easy for the "feds"! 😏

• Advertisement
Advertisement