Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing career but lost! SOS

Options
  • 26-03-2023 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Recently returned from living abroad and hoping to change career (have a science degree and experience working in sales, working shift work at the moment)

Ideas so far:

1) PME secondary teaching (sciences)

2) Real Estate MSc

3) Grad programmes in Accounting/Finance sector (or post grad diploma in accounting then grad programme)

What I like with all of these is there's a qualification required to work in these areas and you can often travel internationally with qualifications. Can anyone shed some light on their experience of the above options or alternative recommendations (early 30s, creative thinker, artistic!).

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

Do not go into teaching. The profession is getting worse and worse, and secondary jobs are almost impossible to come by these days. I'm trying my best to get out of primary, so probably biased, but would highly advise against it.

Personally would go down the finance route. Can work while travelling, work remotely, and opens multiple doors.

Advertisement