Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying refurbished iphone- what to look out for?

Options
  • 26-03-2023 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Getting my son an iphone (yes, has to be an iphone...) and shocked to see they begin at €829 on Apple's site (not including the SE, which is too small). So my option is to go for a refurbished. There's several sites, any more reputable than others, anything in particular to watch out for & how can I ensure that I have a decent battery?

Thanks in advance,

Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Order a refurbished phone from the Apple's UK site and collect it in Belfast. Nothing to worry about then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I can recommend Refurbed.ie - a european marketplace for refurbished tech.

Their warranty is superb - I had an issue with a refurbished apple watch after about 12 months and it was replaced without question as soon at they got it back.

Have bought two ipads and an iphone too and they were exactly as described

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Stop The Press!!

Apple are now selling refurbs on their Irish store! This must be fairly new as it definitely wasn’t there a couple of weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

sometime this week - i've had the refurb page open for the last few weeks keeping an eye on ipad prices

great news, but about bloody time

edit - prices for the 12 range are quite high i think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Have a look on www.swappie.com also, Ive sold two iphones to them in the past and found them superb to deal with to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not asking for recommendations for sites, but am looking to replace my iPhone 8 with "something" that support IOS17, without spending a lot of money.

So I am looking at the 11's

What sites sell second hand iPhone, other than those listed below please?

Advertisement