Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which devices for RTE Player live stream

• 26-03-2023 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

I notice that on the web I can just get a live stream of RTE1/RTE2 but on my android TV box I can't. I noticed it is an option on apple tv though. Any other boxes that allow for a live stream? Need a way of getting live tv in an apartment without paying and crappy saorview signal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭goldiefresh

I have tried this for the same reason and found that on android tv or firestick if you use an android tv compatible browser you can use the rte website to watch it. I tried countless browser's Inc chrome but rte website kept saying update browser to watch. The only one I found which worked was one called "tvbro browser" it isn't really that bad. The virgin media app and tg4 apps for Android tv have a live stream section on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

Cast from your phone or iPad/tablet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Apple TV as you say works. There’s no official RTE Player app for Fire.

The pre roll adverts already annoy me to pieces and I’m only using it as my main source of RTE for less than a week. Why they can’t insert these ads in the ordinary commercial breaks I’m not sure.

Can't you sideload the APK on a firestick? I have it on my Chromecast with Google TV, just installed it from the Play Store.

Edit: not sure if there's a live stream on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

I use an ad blocking dns and don’t get the ads :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

RTE player is working perfectly for me using a Firestick. It's a bit of a journey to get the correct version loaded, but it's 100% reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

Plays live streams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭goldiefresh

The tvbro browser has an option to turn off adds on it also which makes it handy.

Advertisement