Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was between jobs and had a accident

• 27-03-2023 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hope someone can help. Trying to find out if illness benefit is the correct form to apply for.

The situation is, I am between jobs, not claiming any other social welfare, and was taking a week off.

Suppose to start today, but had a car accident. And now am unable to start, as I have a number of fractures and broken bones. And expect a 3 to 6 month recovery.

Is this the correct form to apply for social welfare? Or what should I apply for.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭gipi

Yes, you should apply for illness benefit. Your GP will issue the medical certificate, which used to include the claim form (it may have changed in recent times, but your GP will know the process).

Advertisement