Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling Insurance

• 27-03-2023 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭

Does Carole Nash rebate months on insurance if you cancel? Bike has been insured for the past 5 months, expires in 7 months, have sent them a mail, tried calling and wait times were very long, thought I'd ask her first to see if anyone else did this before. Fully comp insurance €350 PA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I haven't done it but on their terms of business they note they can charge up to €65 cancellation fee so they probably can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Thanks, so the predicament I have is the following, will try keep it simple but I'm wondering which saves me money.

Have bike (A) insured, getting another bike (B) And want to swap insurance as no need for bike (A) anymore.

Bike A is worth around 6k, Bike B around 3k. The difference is -35 euros, not great considering Bike A is 2014 and Bike B is 2006.

Wondering if I went with another provider for Bike B which was quoted at 300 for insurance then I may only have to pay 50% off that as Bike A's rebate might be 50% or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Do you have 5 years NCB accumulated already?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Well usually the rebate you'll get back is not pro-rata. By which I mean, if you have 7 months cover left, you're probably only going to get half that as a rebate, and the admin fee on top.

For the values & ages of the bikes you mention I see zero savings in cancelling & taking out a new policy: cheaper to transfer to the newer bike and just ride it out til policy end and then go 'shopping'.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

Got a call from CN, rebate was 150, new ins with liberty is 300 so saved myself 150, and it's insured for the year, not just the remaining 7 months so all good I guess.

that's a good result: must remember that for the future.

C-N weren't competitive to cover you on the (new) bike ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Not really, to swap out bikes the reduction was 35 euros, and that would be for 7 months of Insurance, if they had of said around 220 or so I would of stayed with them but the fact that I'm getting 150 back makes it more worthwhile to leave them.

..that's disappointing.

That said, C-N seem to have lost their way a bit imho. I was with them for........15 yrs, and when I got a new bike they wouldn't cover it at all and I ended up moving to AXA.

Ode To The Motorist

Maybe Revolut might shake up the car market regards insurance and in turn might eye up bikes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

We've had a good few companies come in and "shake up the car market". we are all paying for it with increased levies on our policies. I hope Revolut break the trend.

I can't see many bikers agreeing to using a tracking app.

Yeah well if you don't act the pr!ck in the car or on the bike then the further 25% discount is welcomed. Maybe it's just because I'm late forties 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I don't, but no way in hell am I letting anyone track me. Precisely because of my years. No one needs to know my business I've done my time with NCBs on all my vehicles so they can jog on

Advertisement