Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to upgrade?

Options
  • 28-03-2023 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

PC was built almost 4 years ago and just wondering if it's time for an upgrade. Would definitely like to play games a bit better and was always intended on upgrading the graphics card but then the prices went insane (they still seem a bit mad). Monitor is Azus 27" 1440p.

I can see some good value with the Ryzen 7 5700x but I'd need to make sure that this would be compatible with what I have and that it won't cause a bottleneck. I really cannot see any graphics cards at a reasonable price (€200) that would be worth upgrading to? I guess I could expect some sell on value from my own to add to that price??

Any recommended upgrades appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have the 2700X and am going to leave the CPU upgrade till next year but am going to buy a new GPU pretty soon so looking at the Radeon 7900XT

I have an 850 watt PSU though so you would have to buy a new one I'd say if you wanted to break the build into chunks

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

Wow, that a monster!! Well outside of my requirements (well, my budget anyway 😆).

Ive done a little more research and I think I’m better off leaving the cpu as is for now. The RX 6600 looks like good value.

Advertisement