Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellie Harrington. Was she hung out to dry or did she hang herself out to dry?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

At least Kellie was up front and honest about her views on immigrants. I might not agree with her stance but I do like the fact she's not afraid to air her views. It's a pity she didn't or wasn't allowed to expand on them in that interview....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

The current narrative we are supposed to follow in lreland is that anyone who raises concerns about immigration is a racist. This is the official line coming from the media and the government. No other opinions are allowed, no reasonable discussion is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

She deleted the tweet, and refused to answer questions about it, then released a wishy-washy statement that didn't in anyway mention her views.

How is that not afraid to air them?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Some unknown media shill out to make a name for himself by ingratiating himself with the woke brigade.

Meanwhile his own show sponsored by gambling companies who do much more damage than a tweet will ever do.

Kellie is a national hero who did her country proud inspiring countless girls from disadvantaged areas and beyond.

But hey she's white, native Irish working-class and has a Dublin accent so she's an easy target for the left-wing media.

And she's right btw as this report from Sweden shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I suppose you could look at things like actual statistics.

This is an article from the middle of last year. If you take the previous 5 years, 2022/21/20/19/18, there are 25 entries for women who were killed in the state. Of that 25, by my reckoning, 6 of the accused are foreigners. That is 24%

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-style/people/2022/09/12/stolen-lives-239-violent-deaths-of-women-in-ireland-from-1996-to-today/

However, to give further context to that figure, only 7 others are identified, and I am counting them as Irish. So of the 13 victims whose killer's detailed are given, 6 of those killers are foreign (46%).

Post edited by Donald Trump on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Why is her apology wishy washy but her retweet is not wishy washy? How is that different? Was it on the same platform? In the same manner? But you have the divine powers that dictates and reveals Kellie's true beliefs after one retweet? That's how it works in your brain?

She said she is all about diversity and inclusion in the statement...

Apologies in advance by having to embarrass you and explain it to you in really basic terms, but you are asserting that if someone posts something on social media

then you should be prepared to defend that piece at any time

all the while you yourself are protecting yourself from having to face the same consequences by hiding behind an anonymous pseudonym.

It appears that it is you who cannot understand what irony means. Stick to Alanis

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

So "foreigners" to use your labelling, are no more likely to commit crime than domestic criminals? Gee, its almost as if they're not more dangerous at all?

there are criminals in every country, and yes, we do get some coming here and committing crimes, but we export our fair share of criminals also. This is a consequence of freedom of movement. The benefits massively outweigh the downsides.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jackiebt

Exactly right, and the people protesting in East Wall, which BTW is a stone throw from where she's from are all far right racist nazis.

You need to learn to understand statistics. What you are saying would only be correct if there was equal numbers of foreigners and Irish here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

The tweet endorsed the massage of a Dutch far right propagandist who marked out immigrants as a criminal out group. That's literally the same sort of thing the Nazis did.

If you don't consider that a racist message it's because you like racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭NattyO

Kellie was always destined to be turned on by the Twitterati.

She always sat awkwardly with them - on the plus side she was a woman making it good in a traditionally male sport, better still she is gay, both of which should have made her the darling of the "progressives".

However these plus points were offset by the fact that she is unashamedly working class (making her immediately suspect), and worse still, she never used her sexuality as a political marketing tool.

If only she had learned to speak with a more acceptable accent, put a gay pride flag in her Twitter bio, and make every second pronouncement be a rant against the patriarchy, none of this would have ever happened - she would be the darling of the media, and would be a permanent fixture on RTE. Joe Duffy could even give her lessons on The Acceptable Use of a Working Class Background.

Like Katie Taylor (with her unacceptable religious belief and similar lack of shame in her working class roots), Kellie will never be accepted as "one of us" by Ireland's media and political luvvies, regardless of how high the esteem the great unwashed hold her in.

As usual in these Twitter kerfuffles, the original tweet, which was about an innocent child abducted and brutally murdered by utter scum, is conveniently forgotten - it only matters that one's "views" are unacceptable, little dead girls are just one of the prices we (or in this case, the French) must pay for a more diverse and interesting country. Ignore the bloodstains, think of the restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"If you don't consider that a racist message it's because you like racism."

wowsers ...........................😫🙄

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

There's over 5,000 people living in East Wall. There were barely over a hundred people at those protests that media hyped into something. It was a farce. One of the worst attended things I've ever seen. It in no way represents East Wall.

The Hannon chap that was so put out by Kellie's quickly deleted tweet is now deleting some very inappropriate old tweets of his own.

Called it. Don't throw stones in glass houses. If you think everyone has to answer for one mistake in their life, nobody will be left clean.

Absolute righteous madness from OTB. It will turn on them all and bring them all down.

A neo-Nazi Twitter account called Beal O'Firinne seems to be going after him?

I think Shane Hannon is safe enough if saying "retard" ten years ago is the best these headbangers can do.

Though maybe not physically, neo-Nazi headbangers are very dangerous.

... Mong is very offensive.

Hope they keep researching that whole crew that came out to defend him. Joe and Ger especially. Something off about them two. Shane Hannon is just a pawn for these guys. I guarantee you, when OTB leave this Shane Hannon out to dry, which they will, it will all come out. I bet there was someone in his ear, telling him to ask that question. Hannon usually just sits mute beside the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

What are these tweets supposed to add to the discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,627 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Where was the endorsement from her?

She was condemning a brutal and shockingly awful murder of a child in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If it doesn't matter that he is a raging hypocrite then thats just further proof that the mob had no interest whatsoever in the truth of the matter, they just wanted a target.

It speaks perfectly to his intentions, that creep had no interest in discussing diversity because as we can see he is a shameful character himself. It can no longer be denied, not even by the biggest troll, that he went out to do a hit piece rather than an honest interview.

There was no endorsement, that poster is just methodically repeating that lie as many times as he can so as to troll the thread.

He already knows it is a lie, so no point playing his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭NattyO

I wonder how the good Mr. Hannon would react if he were being interviewed about some commercial sponsorship he might be involved with, and the interviewer asked him about his "endorsement" of terms such as mong and transvestite? Would he respond "thank you for that very pertinent and appropriate question interviewer, here are my expanded opinions on mongs and transvestites"? Of course, unlike Kellie, he will now have time to prepare some sop to the mob.

So you didn't read the tweet?

Dutch far right propagandist Eva Vlaardingerbroek cares not one jot for the victim of that horrific murder.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek is merely using the victim of that murder to try to whip up a race war by white people against immigrants and non-white people.

That's the classic fascist playbook going back to 1930s Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

I don't think I'm part of any mob, but who the interviewer is, or if he still thinks what he tweeted 10 years ago is appropriate, doesn't really influence my opinion on Kellie Harrington and her performance in their discussion.

I don't know anything about the guy and don't listen to his show, but to me the questions seemed pretty soft and relevant on why she was being interviewed. I do think that Kellie's '6 months ago' defence might have been more effective if it was '10 years ago' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Absolutely, setting the woke mafia on Harrington is about sending a message to everyone, you are not allowed express opinions which don’t sync with the regime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Saying something stupid in secondary school is the exact same as saying something stupid in your 30s when you're being paid to promote the thing your against.

Apparently.

• Advertisement

You didn't want to hear a word in defence of Harrington, but when Hannon is proven to be a far bigger POS you are straight in with the mitigation.

I wonder why.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement