Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silage ground

Options
  • 28-03-2023 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

will have excess ground this year was thinking of letting it for silage what is the usual agreement re fertilizer and cutting dates ,some ground would be for two cuts and some one also what kind of price per acre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bangoverthebar

Crazy prices.

You will have lads on hungry ground looking 250 an acre per cut and they wont have spent a penny on p&k in years.

I took 13 acres for 120 an acre, ill slurry it and urea. I will be off it by mid to late may. Myself and the land owner were happy. I have taken this bit of ground off him a few years running.

Lots of land owners who leased land at €500 an acre plus this year, will have the hand out for a good while looking to actually get paid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭dmakc

For 2 cuts you'd nearly be as well off rent it altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭raindodger

in a dairy area half would be reseeded rest old pasture trying to get restocked after tb so unsure what way will work out with nitrates if leased for year

Advertisement