Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Head Hunting" property

Options
  • 28-03-2023 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I am getting divorced and sold 4 bed in family home in South Dublin. Looking to buy a 3 bed apartment in a particular development in Dublin 18 for myself and kids.

There was always at least 3 or 4 apartments for sale in this particular development while my house was for sale, but now that I am a cash buyer, good to go, there is very little coming on market. Has anyone had any success with basically putting flyers through letter boxes?

Obviously the doors have codes so not sure how I would enact my masterplan lol, but I thought it may be worth a try. Possibly not with constrained supply, but any insight welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

What you are looking for is a LL looking to sell up so they won't be in and out of the apartartment checking the post.

I'd do two things.

Put a poster up at the entry points on the off chance it's seen by one and not take down.

Contact local Estate Agents who have advertised rentals there. Use google you might find old ads. Ask them if any to their owners are selling, or thinking of it. Have price in mind to tempt them with. Make sure its empty before you go sale agreed.

You could always meet the postman on his rounds and offer him a few bob to drop them in the post boxes or post them if you cant get access.

You might get lucky if somebody is looking for a quick sale but realistically you will have to offer a significant premium in order to encourage somebody to bypass the bidding process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

When I was clearing out my apartment that I just sold i found lots of flyers stuffed in a press looking to know if the apartment was for sale. No idea how recent they are but there were a fair few of them.

Some were clearly from REITs and some from people asking if there was anything for sale to contact them, so it seems it is something that is done.

Its actually been sold to the council now, who seem to be buying up everything in the place even before it is advertised. Well supposed to be closing very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Agents send these flyer around all the time. Your best bet is to contact the agencies and ask them to contact you about anything new to the market. Offering a finders fee separate to commission would help a lot as does just a basket of muffins. For very little cost in the view of a property sale it doesn't hurt to encourage the agents to think of you first. Quick sales are what an agent wants.

Advertisement