Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar panels approx cost

Options
  • 29-03-2023 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi just looking for the approx cost of solar panels for 200sqm detached house with 2 adults and 1 child.

Standard enough usage.

I see a grant of up to 2,400 available.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

I'd plan to fill all non-North-facing roof space with panels if I were you.

I got 19x 400w panels (2 south, 5 east, the rest west-facing) in July 2022 and I can't recommend them highly enough.

I got top-end gear, optimisers on every panel (you should do this), Huawei inverter and battery (I wouldn't recommend you do this, not worth the premium), Eddi/Harvi. I paid €20k, less the €2400 grant. We were buying 7600kWh per year before we got them, and at the 9-month mark, we've made 3130kWh of our own. With a more optimal roof orientation, you could easily do 20-30% better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Go to the renewable energies forum. theres a massive thread with latest installation quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Or the Irish Solar Owners Group on FB, extremely active, and no end of quotes published and criticised for overpaying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Your not suggesting a group with over 40k members is critical of people or installers are you ?😁

Advertisement