Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a mobile

Options
  • 29-03-2023 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

I was given an iPhone 8 by my uncle because, I lost me phone but, the SIM was locked and it looks like I wont be able to get it fixed. He said he will bring me up tomorrow or friday to some shops to get a new one. So, I have to make up me mind quick about what I want. Thing is I haven't a clue what to go for between iPhone and Samsung. I was thinking of going for an iPhone SE 3rd generation 64GB or an iPhone 13. Out of the Samsung I was thinking of the Samsung Galaxy A series. The Samsung Galaxy A54 the A53, the A34 and the A23 Whats the best phone between Samsung and iPhone for gaming ? Will 64GB be enough for some apps, games and maybe some music or would I need 128GB ? Can you record 1080 at 60fps with the Samsung phones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭STEE

Is it true you can only record 1080 at 30fps with the Samsung phones I mentioned ? I'm trying to way up the pros and cons of having a Samsung phone compared to the iPhone SE and iPhone 13 The things I've noticed is that Samsung have way better cameras, Better display they have a AMOLED screen with FHD+ They even have a 120 Hz refresh rate which is great given that the Samsung phones are slightly cheaper than some iPhones. The only thing I can see from looking at specs is that the sound is only stereo no Dolby I think its only on the Samsung S series. Would stereo be good enough sound quality for music ? Is 5G worth getting compared to the older 4G etc ?

Is HDR Dolby vision that the iPhones have better than what Samsung has for video playback and video recording ?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

It's a phone, what are you used to? Android or IOS? After that it's down to what you can afford. Premium phones have a few bells and whistles most people don't use. Mid range phones have just about everything so unless there is feature you really need e.g. dual physical SIM or direct cast or some such, go by budget.

God bless you if you can hear the difference Dolby makes on a phone speaker or see HDR on a screen with scratches and paw prints.

• Advertisement

I'm not used to either, I never used an iPhone or Samsung I haven't a clue about them. Sure I used a Nokia Lumia 630 before I lost it lol I want something good for a bit of gaming and listening to music. I was looking at Samsung and iPhones. I was thinking of going for an iPhone SE 3rd generation 64GB or an iPhone 13. Out of the Samsung I was thinking of the Samsung Galaxy A series. The Samsung Galaxy A54, the A53, the A34 and the A23 Budget is 300 to 400 max

Probably the only feature I really need is for gaming. I was wondering which processor is best for gaming the A15 in the iPhone SE and iPhone 13 or the octa core Samsung processor ?

You want a gaming phone buy a Razer

Advertisement