Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog - Heart murmur and incontinence

Options
  • 29-03-2023 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi. Our elderly springer has been diagnosed with a heart murmur and is on Cardisure (half tablet twice a day) and furosemide (one tablet twice a day). I give her the tablets early morning and again in the early evening. Unfortunately since starting the medication she has been having some accidents. Anyone experience this and what advice do you have to reduce/eliminate it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Furosimide is a diuretic.i took them for a while. When I needed to go, I needed to go. I at least had some self control , a dog wont.

• Had same problem with our Cocker, Your vet will possibly modify medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks for the replies. Vet has changed her Furosimide from two tabs a day to one. Working well so far.

Advertisement