Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to start again

• 30-03-2023 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I'm 40 now & fed up with my current job office transport job , i never went to college (regret ) ,

I want to stat a new career but just can't decide what to do or where to start,

I have a family wife & 3 kids so difficult to start something at entry level, ,I'd love to do something a bit different maybe an outdoors job ,

Has anyone started again at 40 & what did they do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Toots77

I would suggest getting career guidance from a professional. You could still study part time if you needed to. If you are unsure what you want to do then definitely go get some guidance. Perhaps do some voluntary work in an area you think you might be interested in working in if you have the time and talk to other people who have changed direction. It is definitely possible. Good luck with everything.

Advertisement