Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Golf Show

Options
  • 30-03-2023 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭

Not much mention of it on here, but are many going along to it this weekend?

I'm heading along on Saturday and booked in for a fitting session with Titleist in the early afternoon.

Should be a bit of craic trying out some of the games they have set up (Rory washing machine challenge, etc...)

Might spot a few more boardsies there on the day too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I'll be there, but for how long I don't know. If anyone sees a grown man getting dragged around by his 6yo daughter beelining for the exit, say hi.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Was harmless enough but still good to see it happening and hopefully it continues. Played a few of the novelty games with Roadrunner & Benny69 which was good crack. Managed to sink one long putt and nearly had a hole in one on the closest to the pin.

I done a fitting too, found the guy very good and he was quick to get me dialled in and hitting lovely consistent crisp shots after a few Horrors. I never thought a narrow forged head would ever suit me but apparently they do. Much different specs from the last time I got fitted 7 years ago so big decision to be made!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I got a lot out of it. Enjoyed the golf games and walk around the setup with the planes/helicopters on show too. Did a fitting for driver, 4w, 4h which I felt was a very good starting point for me. Small issues were the fitting area only had rubber tees which flew off when you hit a ball. So every shot you had to try collect a tee. Also the tees were either too high or too low for fitting with the driver.

Nice day out on a day where the rain was so biblical that there was no golf anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah, definitely had some good and bad.

Chatted with one of the fitters who was giving out about the set up for tees, the nets not killing the balls enough.

Was free 15 minute lesson slots that were a nice idea, and the games they had were a bit of fun.

Was very thin on the ground in terms of exhibitors unfortunately. Would have liked to see more guys there selling apparel, accessories, etc... most of the stands were taken up with holiday destinations and selling Buggies or golf carts. Doesn't really lend itself to impulse buying.

I guess McGuirks had some gear there and were selling 2021 Pro V1x for 45 (plus maybe an extra 5% off?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

No they were €45 after the 5%. To be honest it was a bit lame only for the planes as well Id say it would of been a total disaster. Got the impression from talking to people working there that Mcguirks was the driving force behind it but even they had no great deals.. Look I had a bit of fun playing the games, looking at the planes etcand meeting fellow boardsies so it was a enjoyable day out. Hopefully they built on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement