Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting Begonia tubers outside

Options
  • 30-03-2023 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know if it's to early to do this. I don't intend growing them indoors but plan on plantings them directly outdoors in the soil. I've heard you shouldn't plant them if there is a risk of frost but I was wondering is this where there might be a consistent number of nights with frost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭greasepalm

My thoughts too early but could start them off in pots in a greenhouse like a Jiffy pot to give them a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Unless you are in a very favoured area for weather OP then mid May would be when we see our last frost. I can remember one really bad frost when I was working in the UK in the 4th week of May which did loads of damage but that would be a bit of a rarity. After the second week of May and 95% of the time you are safe.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement