Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE radio1 LW

1234568»

Comments

I wonder did RTE longwave have any fans over on the Isle of Man? I guess this is the first time that RTE Radio hasn't been available on traditional radios all over the Iom (excluding downtime for maintenance) I know that Atlantic 252 was very popular on the Isle of Man right until the end and it's closure was what prompted them to licence a local Youth station energy fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If you search YouTube for Isle of Man Bandscan, there are videos of FM reception on a car radio. A quick look shows that RTE and more from Ireland, stations from the North, and GB transmitters are coming in strong at some locations. But not Douglas for Ireland, it is on the wrong side of the mountains. When I was in Carrickfergus, I could get the Manx FM stations in the car.

They always had the satellite TV option, for far more than just Radio 1.

Post edited by dxhound2005 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I wonder if you could get Saorsat there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This is the sort of person who forwards on messages about lost dogs who disappeared 3 years ago in Canada 🤣

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Advertisement