Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rental car with photocopy of license

• 30-03-2023 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Am I right in saying there's a rental company that lets you pre-check in and upload a picture of your license without having to show at the collection? I'm waiting for replacement

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,908 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Every place I have ever done express check-in with (providing licence details etc) has asked for the licence specifically to get the keys. Hertz, Enterprise (Ireland and abroad for both), Sixt and various smaller ones around Europe.

Gocar don't check every time, impractical to do so clearly - but you need a selfie with the licence to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭stainluss

Thank you, yea GoCar is registered so that's my backup, extra €100 though so figured I'd ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Rental will ask.

Hertz wouldn't give me a car as I have forgotten my license when abroad, even though they have a scan of my license from a previous rental

Advertisement