Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition target result

• 31-03-2023 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭

Just putting this target up here for no other reason than I want too. I got a second place finish in a club competition recently with this. 22lr Anschutz 1710 rifle, shooting off a timber block no back bag. Course of fire at 100m, was 15 shots in 5 minutes with 2 sighters, (not shown). Using an Ellipse Helix 6-24x50 scope @24 power. At 100m I can't see where my shots were hitting so i cannot correct my aim point for correction. I wasn't happy with the big hole in the 9's, should have been in the centre. 😉

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭keith s

Great shooting Tex!

At least group wise, you know you can get that group, up (or right) a few clicks and that would be a great score!

I used to be able to get good groups with my 1710, but I changed scopes added a rail and starting shooting the 10/22 a bit more. Now my groups seem all over the place. I need to go back to basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Louedel

Hi Clive

Are you sure you didn't use a shotgun?

Louis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

It's still far better than your shooting, even with your eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Louedel

Yea, but I'm half blind.

This was the best 10 shot group I managed with the 1710 and SK last week. The rest of the targets where nothing to write home about and you'd think they were not from the same setup.

• Advertisement

Good shooting, I'd always ignore the single flyer, SK will do that and loose you a competition . And that's what a 1710 should be grouping all the time. You've a competition winning rifle there.

Cheers Clive,

Yeah, she's brought home some silverware for me alright. Sometimes I find that the groups jus open right up, and that's why I was interested in your post on stringing, but I'm sure it could be just me. I have a decent rail on order and I'm contemplating pillars for the stock if I can find some.

Advertisement