Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calf acidosis?

• 31-03-2023 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I’ve noticed my calves , which are fed on whole milk , get scour when cows go to grass at the end of February. All ages will get it, the older ones will be fine after a day , but it’s the younger ones, 10 days and less, get very sick, some have to go for iv treatment. Had samples taken and showing rotavirus, but my vet tells me calves always have a certain amount of rotavirus in their system, and if it was rotavirus scour calves would be excessively thirsty, have very watery scour, and rapidly lose condition. Not what I see, mine don’t want to suckle, and would have loose white scour, not excessively watery. He thinks it’s acidosis from the milk. Any information would be welcome

Comments

Advertisement