Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasses

Options
  • 31-03-2023 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

Anybody have special frames for using with lids?

I've been driving blind for several years now as my glasses really don't go inside without either bending or hurting me after a while.

Any recomendations appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not particular frames but I use my glasses under the lid. Has grooves to allow they fit perfect. During winter/colder weather I tend to use contact lenses as the glasses steam up rather than the visor.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭johnml

I use a brand of frames called "Swing". I actually took my helmet to the opticians when I was choosing. Find them very comfortable. Never had any issues.

Had rimless previously and they weren't at all suitable for wearing with a helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Never had a huge problem with glasses in the helmet bar fogging in the cold, tend to use thin frame style, nothing special, there are ultra thin memory frames available too, might suit, Under armour have a nice framset.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Banzai600

most modern helmets allow for ppl with the need to wear glasses....

its also not a bad idea to have a seond pair soley for the bike, aiwht smaller but strong frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I use contact lenses if I'm doing a weekend away. Glasses always work fine for me, but lenses definitely make things easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

If I wear glasses in the bike, inevitably I'll try to take the helmet off while still wearing them... Usually while someone else is watching...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I often try to adjust the glasses while the visor is down 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 3 faz1

Most Shark helmets have the facility to remove a lining strip to allow the arms of the glasses/sunglasses fit. Look for "EasyFit" system: optimal comfort for riders wearing glasses". Best to try on before you buy, Cotters in Dubljn stock loads of Shark helmet models.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,054 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Never had a problem with glasses in a lid but I take the lid along when choosing glasses just to be sure.

A Foggy mask will stop them fogging up.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Hated wearing glasses while rideing the bike so got lazer eye surgery no more glasses...

• Advertisement
Advertisement