Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dual satellite inputs on Samsung TV

• 31-03-2023 5:44pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a 55" Samsung TV and I have Freesat set up on it and only recently I connected up the second sat connection, but I don't see any benefit to it as it still doesn't allow me to record one freesat channel and watch another, anyone have this set up working?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭swoofer

need model number.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Now that is some TV and the instructions are typically SAMSUNG, ie some of these feaures may not etc.

Can you do a pic of the 2 inputs I need to see if they are 2 screw in for F connctors or is it one for sat and the other for Cable/tv AND they use F connectors for both?

2 sat should mean record one and watch another but finding guidance is the big problem. They even show tuners in a confusing manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I had a Sony in the past that only offered recording if a suitably formatted drive was plugged into a particular USB. You had to format the USB on the set itself as they has their own kind of format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭dermo2014

The spec says 2 sat tuners or does it ?

Two tuners but are they both satellite ?

Tuner/Broadcasting

• Digital Broadcasting
    • DVB-T2CS2 x 2
    • Analog Tuner
    • Yes
    • CI (Common Interface)
    • CI+(1.4) / CI+(1.4 ECP)_IT only
    • Data Broadcasting
    • HbbTV 2.0.2 (IT,GB,DE,CZ,SK,ES,PL,AT,FR,FI,EE,GR,SI,HR,BE,NL,LU,LT,HU,CH,PT,DK,ME)/MHEG 5(IE)

• Advertisement

The PIP only allows me to view a Saorview channel currently, so I dont see what the second Sat connection actually does. When I record a Saorview channel, I do get the option to view a different Saorview channel but not a Sat channels which is strange also. Im baffled by this one to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jack12a

Hi,

I have a Samsung tv with twin freesat tuners built in, two treaded connections for satellite connection and one plug in type connector for aerial.

It will record one freesat program while watching another, I’m using an external Toshiba 2tb hard drive connected to tv via usb port ?

perfect pics, if you look closely one f connector is screwed on correctly bu the other is not, look at the amount of threads visible, So unscrew both and switch them but be carefull when screwing them back on as they can go on crooked, have a good look at the inner core cable on each and make sure a bit protrudes beyond the face of the f connector. Its quite possible you aren ot getting a signal on the wonky connector.

The other use of the second tuner is to do PIP picture in picture.

If you made up the second f connector your self make sure the outer braid is touching the f connector body but not the inner core.

Hi,

I’m not very technical but could it be an issue with your satellite signal as in have you proved each satellite cable is working properly on say input one and maybe try both cables on input two, sorry if this sounds a bit silly , It sounds to me at your tv is only seeing/receiving one satellite signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I was going to say the same :) F-connectors can be a pain in the arse to screw on in cramped spaces like at the back of TV's or satellite boxes, but you can get so-called Quick-F connectors that you can screw on to the end of a normal F-connector and then simply push on to the socket just like you would a coax aerial plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭dermo2014

Disconnect 1 sat cable at a time to check if you are still receiving a signal and both are working.

Is there an option in the sat or tuning menu to set/change Sat input from Single to Dual option - that came up for me as a fix with Google.

Both sat cables are connected in fine, the main one which looks like it isn't screwed in actually in far enough is actually fine, Ive 100% signal on both via my horizon satellite meter. If I take out both, I obviously have no signal, if I put in either cable I get a channel coming on so I know both tuners work also. I am going to delete all channels and go through the installation setup again later and see.

I'll report back how i got on. Thanks for all your suggestions btw, its really appreciated.

Deleted

Right so, deleted all channels and then went through the installation again, It seems that when i did it the first time a few months ago, I selected single tuner as I still had Sky+ installed, and I had a third feed coming in that I connected directly to the TV, so when i cancelled Sky, I just took a second feed from the sky box and added it to the TV. Stupidly I assumed it would just work. Anyway, I have now selected dual tuner, entered in a UK postcode and boom, I now have the facility to record one programme and watch another. I even tried to record two and that seems to be working now also.

Thanks again to all who contributed.

good stuff glad you are sorted.

Advertisement