Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Tyres

• 31-03-2023 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Has anyone got a recommendation for new tyres for my Mod 3 standard range in the Dublin or Meath area .Thanks for any help.Jerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I know one ID.4 owner got a set of tyres from Openeo and then just got the local place to fit them.

Overall he saved a couple hundred compared to buying the tyres from the tyre place (and ever more versus the VW garage)

There's also tyreleader.ie as an alternative

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Yes I’ve used oponeo for my i3 and the tyres were perfect just thought I’d go to a dealer this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭zg3409

Tesla may need social low noise tyres. You also need to make sure they are A rated for efficiency.

Ask in the special Tesla threads. You need to know your wheel size such as 18 inch which is written on the tyre itself . Wheel sizes can vary on tesia depending on options chosen on purchase.

• Moderators Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Me?

Yeah just get a couple of quotes locally, and quotes locally to fit tyres. Compare that to openeo then.

Some garages will price you out of them just fitting tyres, others are happy to do it.

For 2 tyres a was quoted near 600 in garages. Paid 300 going via openeo with 60 to fit them. Exactly. Same. Tyres!

I'm a bit unconvinced about the high efficiency tyres, they tend to have a lot less tread and less grip

I know there's trade offs for having lower rolling resistance, but I don't think it's always worthwhile

For example, when the Leaf was due new tyres I just went with the cheaper ones. The impact to range was minimal, less than 5% and after a few months the new tyres seemed to have worn in and there was no real difference to the old ones

It probably makes more difference if you're doing high mileage, but generally I'm not convinced they're worth the expense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Admldj

Recently got 4 new tyres for mine (I-pace) was quoted locally over €900 for the michelins that were on it, €800 for pirellis and was offered grenlanders for €110 a corner, ended up picking up pirellis on tyreleader.ie for €580 with another €80 fitting, very happy with them.

It was actually @TheWonderLlama, I get the feeling it's pretty popular to buy the tyres directly and just get them fitted

Given the price of them I'm not surprised. I'm kinda regretting the 21 inch rims after seeing the price of replacement tyres 😭

Has anyone tried getting all season tyres? If so, how was the efficiency impact versus the improvement in grip?

I can only find summer tyres for my car, but I wouldn't mind getting some all season ones after doing the Tokyo drift a few times on frosty mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Price them online on tyrecomp and a few other places.

I have never had a local supplier get anywhere near the online prices with bigger diameter wheel sizes.

Cost 60 last month to have a pair fitted and four wheel alignment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Where did you get them fit? Place I used to go to was €50 to fit 2. They now want €50 per tyre and no alignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Mr Q

That was a year ago so not 100% certain but I think in Wexford. Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

50 per corner is daylight robbery. I paid 40 for the rear tyres fitted at my local Atlas.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Buffman

€50 per corner! My usual place on the Long Mile Road is €18 per corner upto 21 inch and he's top notch.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement