Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paint recommendation

• 01-04-2023 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All

I have a painter painting the house here at the moment. He will be moving on to skirting and architrave soon (mdf). I want a light cream colour paint.

Painter says to get a satin oil based paint. But there doesn't seem to be too many options out there? He says this type will make his job easier!

Any advice appreciated as I haven't a clue about paint

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Ask him how will it make it easier?. Is the MDF skirting primed or previously painted.

To ask your question about colours. I'm say that almost all colours on every brand of colour card can be mixed into either waterbased or oil based satinwood. Oil based will be far slower to dry, 8 to 10 hours v's 1 to 2 (house with heating on) obviously slower if there isn't any heating.

Personally if it's white, I'd go with oil based as I just don't like the look of waterbased white, for cream off white I'd go waterbased. Also there can be a difference in the sheen between brands.

Popular off white, cream colours are, Artic blond, Bali sand, French white, Almost white.

I think all of these are from colourtrend colour chart. You won't go wrong with Colourtrend waterbased satinwood.

Just my opinion though

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Husq430x

Hi Ceepo

Thanks very much for the advice. Sorry just noticing your message now. Went with water based in a light cream colour. Worked out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

have to say any painting i do nowadays is done with a water based paint. its so much more forgiving than oil based. Oil based paints (at least they used to) tend to yellow over time, so it might be crisp white now (or light cream in your case), but after a few years will noticeably yellow.

Advertisement