Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First groups with my new CZ 457 Jaguar

• 01-04-2023 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭

Collected yesterday and on the range today. Slapped on a cheap nikko Stirling 4-12x50 scope on top. Bit windy for zeroing but feck we do wot we can.

After getting near enough to zero these we're the last 2 x 10 shot groups, I was happy with whose, 15mm and 12mm groups. That single hole was not part of the group.

Post edited by clivej on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭JP22

Nice one Clive, she will need a few boxes to settle down.

What ammo did you use for those groups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

Eley Sport and Eley club. It's only starting to settle in.

Did a couple of modifications this morning. Yo Dave trigger spring, longer magazine release lever, and new longer bolt knob went in. I'll see about doing the firing pin striker face mod later. And a DIP-ink 20 MOA long rail is on the way from the US

Post edited by clivej on

New picatinny rail for my CZ 457 from Dip.ink

Elements Helix 6_24x50mm

Post edited by clivej on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 pat 12

hi just looking to buy a nice bolt action .22 like this where did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking,

O'Hallaran in Drangan Co. Tipperary. Great dealer and plenty of firearms in stock. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What is the benefit of modifying the firing pin striker face? Just curious.

I would recommend the DIP aluminum magazine well too.

It's to give all the power of the spring to hit just the primer and not waste energy on the case rim edge. A bigger bang for the powder to go off.

Read more in the CZ section on

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/cz-brno.18/

Advertisement