Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Drivers outside McDonalds Cork Road

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I once saw it being delivered at 11:30 in the morning and you'll be wondering why in a few years, there are so many people with health issues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Well I mean the poster in general does have a habit of going on rants about foreigners... if it walks like a duck etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You are living under a rock if you assume delivery delivers don't get cash in hand.

Delivery is just a little job on the side lots of young men do while collecting dole etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Doesn't it go through the apps? Surely payment would be electronic for that. Who would be giving them the cash in hand? I seriously doubt Just Eat, etc are doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Getting food delivered from McDonald's .. it's got to be the ultimate in laziness.

I think the delivery guys are working for less than minimum wage ... Is this legal? They all seem to have L plates. Why is this... No driving test slots available?

Another issue I've seen in McDonald's... People use the self service screens to order and pay, given a print out with order number, that staff never ask for. They call out order number, say there's no response... A head walks forward and collects somebody else's meal, then disappears... Neat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Another joker driving for just eat doing McDonalds deliveries, driving a vw golf on German plates, thats takin the p1ss, no way is he insured or taxed or nct'd never mind commercial insurance to operate on Irish roads, is there no regulation of this stuff? lets hope no one is involved in an accident with him. cos youll be fooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭SodiumCooled

My dad was saying he had a near miss not too far from here with a delivery driver on a bike, just cycled straight out onto the road without looking - coming from McDonalds he reckoned. Lucky he was a bit back and going slow so was able to slow down in time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I look forward to the many posts in the coming days about how people leave the carparks on the quays and also exit without looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭SodiumCooled

It wasn’t a slight at cyclists at all, both my dad and I are regular cyclists (road bikes for sport/hobby). It was at the inconsiderate behaviour of some delivery workers regardless of their mode of transport. The behaviour of many motorists is terrible also no hiding that fact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement