Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildflowers in paddock

Options
  • 01-04-2023 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

There is a paddock beside my parents house and as I couldnt convince them to have wildflower area in the garden, they have agreed to let me sew wildflowers in the paddock. I have a question or two.

Is it possible to have a 'no maintenance' wildflower meadow area that literally never needs to be cut? My parents are getting older which is why i ask. Having said that, I am planning on starting with a small area.

A horse also grazes in the paddock. I assume then that the area should be cordoned off? Is there any particular area of the field I should avoid? eg near buachalans, trees, near the ditch? should it be the sunniest or least sunny part of the meadow?

i presume I will need to dig up/scarify the ground first. when is the best time to sew?

Comments

Advertisement