Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my GPU dying?

Options
  • 02-04-2023 5:49pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title.

Getting these flashing black lines for the last few days. Old RX580 that has served me well.

Is it on its way out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hard to know. Does it happen in every game if so then it is the card if not something must be up in Halo Infinite.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Not every game. Halo infinite, Bf 2042. Older stuff seems fine. Titanfall 2 etc.

Is it worth changing thermal paste ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You should try that as a cheap fix as the paste is a fair few years old at this stage. Odd how it happens in newer graphically intense games but obviously they push the GPU harder. I don't know it could be on the way out but I'm not 100% on that.

Think Im overdue an upgrade to be honest - rx580 is a good few years old! Just dont know what to buy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement