Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW ID3 vs Corolla hybrid

• 03-04-2023 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Father is looking at both of these VW ID3 vs Corolla hybrid

I am not able to convince him of the ID3 and he has a point, he has a 171 Diesel Corolla at the moment and local Toyota dealer he has used for 2 previous Toyota's are offering him 2.5k more trade in than VW dealer

58kWh 204bhp ID3 Life is 28k inc trade in

Corolla Luna 140bhp is 17.5k inc trade in

He's driven both and coming from a diesel found them both really nippy and refined, preferred the Corolla look inside and outside and even though the ID3 has a lot more HP, he thought the Corolla felt nearly as quick, not noticeable to him, he is used to a manual diesel so the auto corolla shifted well.

Anyway the only argument I have in favour of ID3 is running costs, but it doesn't seem that much cheaper, he really doesn't want the hassle of charging either, VW salesman said Listowel to Dublin, 270km wouldn't be possible without a charge as well.

He is paying 36c per Kw with bord gais and looking around unless he goes for night usage which he doesn't want ( washing machine at night fire risk etc ) I can't see a much better rate for day usage, from reading around 20kWh/100km seems about the consumption for his driving year round, mixture of national road and motorway vs 5.5l/100km for Corolla, €1.65 per litre

€7.20 for 100km in ID3

€9 for 100km in Corolla

Toyota are throwing in 3 year free servicing too and road tax is negligible €120 vs €170

I don't know, I don't think €10,500 difference between the 2 is attractive when you consider the drawbacks of electric.

Comments

Advertisement