Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Details about garden gradient and boundary walls height

Options
  • 03-04-2023 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I'm about to buy a new-build house which hasn't been fully built yet (EA said that it'll be ready in late October this year). I have been to the site and viewed some show houses. I've noticed that some gardens have a raising slope which results in a raised 2m boundary wall (the one in front of the back of the house). Due to that raising slope, the overall height of that wall from the ground level of the living area is quite a lot (I guess about 3m total, 1m of slope + 2m of wall).

I'm not sure if the garden of my property would have a gradient. What I know is that when I left a refundable booking deposit there was a small print stating that some properties might have a gradient in the garden and the construction company can't do much. The agent reassured me that the terrain there is quite flat, so nothing to be worried. But those are just their words...

I had a couple of questions:

1. what can I do to get more information about the plot of my soon-to-be garden, whether it'll have a slope and how much gradient. The garden is not so deep, so I'm worried to feel like in a basement if the boundary walls are too high and at the top of a raising slope. I've contacted the EA but radio silence for now. Should I ask my solicitor?
    2. if it's normal to sign a contract without even having a chance to go to the site and walk through the plot of the property even if the construction works are not complete yet

Sorry for the rant!

Comments

Advertisement