If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perx Card not working on RicherSounds.ie

• 03-04-2023 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi - This year, as with the previous few, I received a Perx card as part of my annual bonus from my employer. The reason for this is that it allows for a portion of the bonus to be paid tax-free. Previously when trying to purchase an item from Richersounds.ie the Perx card comes up as declined by the bank. In other years I either called and gave the card number over the phone or found the item somewhere else. This year I decided to go to the effort t to find out why Perx were rejecting the payment. Apparently, your site is putting the payment through as a recurring payment type, which is automatically rejected by pre-paid card issuers. Quote from Perx "The reason the card did not work for you is because the merchant's system is processing your card incorrectly as a recurring payment. This usually is the payment type for subscriptions or bills, but if the website has subscriptions on it, or even the ability to part-pay through the likes of clear pay and Klarna, the merchant site sometimes does not differentiate payment and processes everything the same way, even when you are making a one-off payment. This would not be a problem on a normal bank card, but since the Perx Cards are not supplied by a bank or have a guarantor, they do not allow recurring payments. They are like gift cards for Mastercard rather than a bank card. You will have to get in touch with the merchant if you were not making a part payment or recurring transaction, and advise they are processing the payment incorrectly. Unfortunately, if they do not have another way to process your payment, it will mean you cannot use the card for that site. ..." This is just an FYI, I suspect there are quite a few Perx cards issued around this time of year, and you might be missing out on sales. It would be worth having whoever handles your website have a look at the configuration for the payment handler.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

Same post with better formatting - New boards is hard work sometimes!

This year, as with the previous few, I received a Perx card as part of my annual bonus from my employer. The reason for this is that it allows for a portion of the bonus to be paid tax-free. Previously when trying to purchase an item from Richersounds.ie the Perx card comes up as declined by the bank.

In other years I either called and gave the card number over the phone or found the item somewhere else.

This year I decided to go to the effort to find out why Perx were rejecting the payment. Apparently, your site is putting the payment through as a recurring payment type, which is automatically rejected by pre-paid card issuers.

Quote from Perx "The reason the card did not work for you is because the merchant's system is processing your card incorrectly as a recurring payment. This usually is the payment type for subscriptions or bills, but if the website has subscriptions on it, or even the ability to part-pay through the likes of clear pay and Klarna, the merchant site sometimes does not differentiate payment and processes everything the same way, even when you are making a one-off payment. This would not be a problem on a normal bank card, but since the Perx Cards are not supplied by a bank or have a guarantor, they do not allow recurring payments. They are like gift cards for Mastercard rather than a bank card. You will have to get in touch with the merchant if you were not making a part payment or recurring transaction, and advise they are processing the payment incorrectly. Unfortunately, if they do not have another way to process your payment, it will mean you cannot use the card for that site. ..."

This is just an FYI, I suspect there are quite a few Perx cards issued around this time of year, and you might be missing out on sales. It would be worth having whoever handles your website have a look at the configuration for the payment handler.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi CrookedJack.

Many thanks for the info and sorry for any hassle that this causes you.

All our transactions are processed and handled by Sage/Opayo.

We don't have the likes of Klaran or Clear Pay setup on our website.

I'll see if there is anyone in our IT department I can pass this onto to see if it something they can look into.

We can of course try and charge the card manually if you want to drop us a call tomorrow?

(We have been able to process some of these cards this way - Others also still fail unfortunately).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.