Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dooey Hostel Glencolumbkille

• 03-04-2023 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭

Someone told me this is closed and I can't find the site anymore. Is it really gone? Is anyone trying to bring it back & does anyone know what's happening with it now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

I was wondering the same thing.

I know Mary who ran it was elderly and hadn't been well a few years ago but I have heard nothing since.

I often made cycling trips to that area and always stayed there. It really was unique and Mary is a wonderful character. I'd love to go there again but fear it's closed unless someone knows otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Tried calling and phone number gone. Its over 400km away from me so I can't just rock up and have a look through the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,195 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm probably about 45 miles from there so unfortunately I don't have any knowledge of it. Maybe look up a number for the local post office and give it a ring to see if they know anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Citizensmith_Australia

Give Byrne's Foodstore & Filling Station a call, they should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

This is what I love about Donegal. Can't find the person/info you need. Ask someone local and they'll tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Hehe the whole of Ireland used to be like that but most of it has gone modern society by now

Advertisement