Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUS placement extended

Options
  • 04-04-2023 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi. My one-year contract with TUS was over in the beginning of March. The company insists on extension of the contract due to COVID etc etc. It`s an obvious breach of the contract term P5 :«TUS placements are for one year only and cannot be renewed or extended”. Please can anyone recommend me a decent solicitor to deal with in case if I need to protect my rights in the court. Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I understood TUS schemes operate much the same as CE schemes and the 12 months can be extended Albeit with the agreement of both parties and DSP 🤔

Engaging a Solicitor will be costly, could you not just get clarity from DSP on this as ultimately it will be them who decide if your placement can be extended.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Walter Knight

TUS and CE are not the same. TUS is one year program. I provided quote from their T&C, where it`s declared pretty clear.

CE is 3 years program. Not my case.

As to a cost of Solicitor…I have won my argue with one of my previous employers in a court, and payed about 30% of a lump sum that I got as a result of that to a solicitor. I have no problem about it and I consider it as a fair price.

Thus…Only relevant answers, please.

Thank you

Very petulant response.

CE schemes can and are extended for people of a certain age profile. They are NOT a 3 year program, they are 12 monthly contracts that can be extended.

Your claim your the company wishes to extend do to Covid is quite Bizzare. Off you go to a Solicitor if you wish this is NOT an employment Law matter & again it's DSP that decide if your placement can be extended beyond a Year.

Good luck getting responses with your arrogance 🙄

Facts and figures are used to be petulant for a very tricky set of mind IMHO. 3 times by 12 months = 3 years CE program, simple maths, thus I did not say anything wrong. TUS (or any) contract can`t be extended if employee does not give his consent for that, and his/her signature of that consent is not obtained. Now you state that DSP, not employee, decide if your placement can be extended beyond a Year. It could be the case, If employees are slaves or have no right for a free will. DSP probably consider us that way...That`s why I have an eager to change their mind by the way of a legal dispute with their "best friend" - TUS. Thank you for understanding.

Have you considered updating your user name to Walter Mitty 🙄

I'll repeat , you said CE schemes are 3 year programs ,they are Not, they are 12 month contracts that can only be extended in certain circumstances, each extension requires permission from DSP and a new contract .

I simply made an observation on wether TUS & CE schemes were similar only to be greeted with arrogance.

Now, back to your bizzare Notions about involving solicitors. Employment Law is something I know about.

Your welcome to spend the cost of asking for an opinion from a Solicitor, they'll charge for same , laugh at the easy money & tell you to chat with DSP. They may seek Barristers advice , that will be around €600 + VAT, they too will be thrilled to take your money.

But here's some free advice, Email Citzens information, or as I advised initially, DSP who'll give you a direct answer for free .

• Advertisement

Sure. I also probably should seek an advice from cannibals on how to become vegetarian.

Dear Barristers, friends and relatives of Barristers etc. Please leave me your contact details in PM if you`ll be happy to help me for...let`s say 50 euro plus VAT

Dear Solicitors, friends and relatives of Solicitors etc. Please leave me your contact details in PM if you think we can challenge and fight with the system that becomes enslaving and free-labor-consuming.

Please take a notice: all contacts are a subject for a serious fact checking.

Back to Dempo1... I wonder what is your attitude to a betting, my friend? How much money would you be ready to give If I win the case against TUS?

And how much would you take if I loose?

Please take your time to decide. There is no rush. We can arrange the final deal when I`ll supply you with detales of my Solisitor, and my Barrister(If any). Thanks again for your time and efforts to frighten me. I`m very appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 liverpool1A

Dempo gave good advice and you reacted like you were a solicitor and knew the story. Why ask a question if your so confident about the outcome 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Without knowing where you are it would be difficult to recommend a solicitor, unless you’re willing to travel.

I'll leave this thread with again reiterating there is literally no point in engaging a Solicitor, it is not an employment law matter and all a Solicitor will do is charge to explain its not or request legal opinion from a Barrister at enourmos expense (upfront) to tell the OP the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Absolutely Dempo but hey! If people want to waste their money like this who are you and I to stop them? I don’t argue with these folk any more. You’re going to book an an appointment with a solicitor to discuss sueing the state? Knock yourself out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement