Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Job application CV questions

• 04-04-2023 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hello

I'm helping a friend apply for an admin position in a Dublin hospital but I'm stuck on the CV.

Initially I assumed they'd have to fill in an online application but the process is asking for a CV to be uploaded.

I've cut their CV down from 6 pages to 2 pages but friends are telling me it should be one page only, don't include hobbies and include a picture.

They're also saying that Word format is very oldschool and to use an online template, can anyone give me their thoughts on this please!

I'm worried with cutting down the CV so much all their skills won't be visible and they may be overlooked for interview.

I'm also worried if I use a template, will the interview panel think the CV as a whole has just been copied.

If it was a private company or a recruitment company I'd go with the template for sure, as I understand they're just scanned through a machine now, looking for key words.

I'd hugely appreciate any thoughts or help on this please!

Comments

Advertisement